[mythtv-users] Ubuntu Linux Help Request

Ben Edwards (lists) lists at videonetwork.org
Wed Jun 7 16:55:47 UTC 2006

I should first say I am in no way officially affiliated to Ubuntu, I
have however been a user from the outset and have previously been
involved in documentation and the wiki.

I have been running Ubuntu on Dapper for a few months now and it is
fairly unstable.  This is a real shame, I have run Mythtv on a few
distributions and Ubuntu did seem a very good choice due to ease of
install and Hardware support, I was hoping Ubuntu/Mythtv would be a
killer combination.

I have however been a little disappointed, it seems there is no one
involved in package management is a Mythtv user and therefore even now
that the latest version has been Mythtv still needs restarting every
day.  I should add that this is not a criticism of the multimedia
support group.

Is there anyone out there who has package management/build skills who
has time and energy to help out?

Ben