[mythtv-users] Dish Network and MythTV setup questions

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Jun 8 01:33:21 UTC 2006

On Jun 7, 2006, at 7:26 PM, Robert La Ferla wrote:

> Can someone point me to web sites that describe how to set up Dish
> Network satellite and MythTV?  I'm interested in what and how people
> have configured their systems.  For example, are you using it to
> distribute satellite tv throughout the house w/mythfrontend?  How
> well does it work?  What's the best capture card?  I have a PVR-500.
> Is that good?  What receiver should I get?  What remote?  etc...

Not sure about the "best" way, but I'm using a basic model 311
receiver, going from the baseband (S-Video/audio) outputs to the
inputs of a PVR-150MCE card.

I'm controlling the receiver with a MyBlaster device connected to a
serial port on the Myth machine.

Been working fine for over 100 days, SD programming only obviously,
but it looks good and hasn't failed me yet.

(I'm sure I am going to regret saying that, right where the receiver