[mythtv-users] Ati remote wonder

Michael Lynch lynchmv at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 13:19:45 UTC 2006

On 6/8/06, Will Constable <willconstable at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yea, I think that might be a problem for me as well.  I got to the point
> that I wrote my own lircd.conf using irrecord because I couldn't get irw to
> do anything at all with the remote.  Irrecord interacts with the remote and
> writes a config file with valid looking codes, but I save the config as
> /etc/lircd.conf and irw does nothing... any ideas there?
>
> -will
>
> <snip>

Another useful source I found was the Gentoo LIRC howto.  They have
multiple lircd.conf files based on the various versions of the ATI
Remote Wonder model numbers.  I will say that ultimately I ended up
creating my own since some of their mappings were not working for me
(keys bound to wrong action).  If you'd like, I can provide mine that
works for me, using remote model 5000023600 - if I remember correctly,
I have 2 and can't remember which I'm using.

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_LIRC#Ati_remote_control_.28atiusb.29

Also make sure that after creating /etc/lircd.conf you re-insert the
modules (or reboot) and then start up lircd then try irw.