[mythtv-users] Setting up myth with ATSC and Cable Tuners

Bish, Tim Tim.Bish at Sensis.com
Thu Jun 8 13:31:41 UTC 2006

> On 6/7/06, Bish, Tim <Tim.Bish at sensis.com> wrote:
> <snip>
> > No RAID, just using them both for storage, I was planning on setting
up
> > a separate file server machine later with a RAID array.
>
> I'd suggest putting your tuners in the fileserver and having it also
> act as the main backend, no reason to transfer all the data from
> recordings over the network (plus you would need 1000bT switches).

Well, I've actually got a Gigabit network in my house :)  But I wasn't
planning on doing recording on the file server, just storing my AVI's
from the series I watch, and my music collection.  The main box is
really meant for recording the few shows that I would record, not many.

Last night I got all the channels working in the guide using the 0.19
from atrpms.  I now only have two HD channels that are not getting any
guide data, not sure why, any thoughts?  I found that before what I was
doing was scanning for channels on my PVR150 instead of just using the
get guide data from listing source which seemed to dork things up
somehow, I didn't realize that we didn't need to scan here in the US til
I read a message on here yesterday.

Things are starting to look up :)  There is some edge distortion on the
HD channels but the viewing time wasn't during primetime so I'm not sure
what primetime stuff looks like.

Now I can start to play with other things too like getting the remote to
work with the IRTrans module on my OriginAE x11, and getting spdif
output working.