[mythtv-users] Stupid S-Video Problem Continues

Will Constable willconstable at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 15:19:41 UTC 2006

Yea-I was very aware of the 'rule breaking' I was doing. I origionally
planned on putting the computer by the TV and running network to it.  Lets
just say that wouldn't fly for aesthetic reasons-the computer is a piece of
junk with noisy drives and fans, and an ugly case-it belongs out of sight
and the room the TV is in has been decorated nicely and everything. So I
decided to try the video and audio-I really hope I can make it work-before I
terminated the cable as it is now, I put s-vid ends on the two ends of the
spool of cat 5 and ran the whole 100 ft from my main myth server to the TV
and found the picture to be fine; that's a Geforce 4 ti4200 while my new box
uses an 'el cheapo' mx420 that was lying around-it could be anything you
mentioned regarding ground loops/vga signal differences, but my first try
will be a friend's geforce fx that's lying around at work.. if that fixes
things, I'll just be happy at that.

-will

  _____