[mythtv-users] [Slightlt OT] Mini-PC capable of playing

Harald Overas harald.overas at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 09:19:26 UTC 2006

Hi

If you want to try xbmcmythtv on a xbox check out this Howto
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Xbox_Frontend
You must have a modded xbox installed with xbmc which you can download.
Xbmcmythtv is a Python script which run under xbmc. I bought me xbox already
modded and with a less noicer CPU fan. You can also run the Linux
distribution xdebian on the xbox who has prebuild mythtv 0.19 package. But
be warned with a Xbox version 1.6 (the latest version) you get overscan
with the Linux distribution because the Xcalibur videocard is not so good
supported yet. The Xbox has only 64 MB RAM which is sufficient for xbmc
and Xdebian. The Xbox 360 have not been cracked yet.

Harald