[mythtv-users] Setting up myth with ATSC and Cable Tuners

Indulis Bernsteins indulis.b at au1.ibm.com
Sat Jun 10 10:17:48 UTC 2006

For reliable disk configurations, you can run a linux box like your mythtv
server as a RAID-1 (mirrored) reliable storage system.  See
http://aplawrence.com/Linux/lvm.html for an example, also
http://www.linux.com/howtos/Software-RAID-HOWTO-11.shtml

Set up your mirrored partitions, drop them into Logical Volume Manager,
extend or create your filesystems and there you are!

Why spend $ on another server or RAID card when you can spend it on more
disk?

Indulis
(I *am* going to do this for my music collection which took a lot of
effort to get into the computer, but not my mythtv TV recordings, which I
consider "transient data")