[mythtv-users] Working Install then GRUB>. oh no thats not good.

Rudy Zijlstra mythtv at edsons.demon.nl
Sun Jun 11 10:08:47 UTC 2006

Chris Henderson wrote:

> So I kill of the frontend via ESC and then the backend via CTRL-C and
> close both termial seession via "exit" then restarted the PC (old
> habbits die hard)....
>
> THen all I get is Grub>
> (also the HDD light is solid)
>
> Any ideas?
> (Myth 0.19 Mythdora)
>
> Chris

Do you get a lot of noise from the disk? From your summary description
it sounds like your HDD is dying...

OK to check:
- try if you can get the grub menu displayed
- if yes, boot a failsafe option. Many installers (at least debian
based) will create such an option.
- check your system logs in /var/log (or wherever your distro places
them) for any disk related message.
- post those messages

in all fairness, at that point you are most likely way OT for this list....

Cheers,

Rudy