[mythtv-users] Trouble connecting Video source to input

David Pettit wo9m at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 11 13:09:38 UTC 2006

Okay, I need some help determining where the source of my current problem
lies.  I can capture video just fine using 'cat /dev/video0 >capture.mpg',
however when I start mythbackend I get the error message three times:

cx25840 3-0044: 0x0000 is not a valid video input!

Also, when I run mythtv-setup, on the page where it says "connect source to
input" under video source it says "(None)" and there are no other options.
If I try to "Scan for Channels", it says "Failed to open the card".

Is this a MythTV problem or an IVTV problem?