[mythtv-users] PVR250 Gone Haywire?

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 12 03:22:25 UTC 2006

jDeGraw wrote:
> yes, What I did was take it out of my mythtv box and installed it in my
> web surfer box. Same thing. The picture borders look like this below:
>
> |              |
>  |               |
> |              |
> |              |
> |              |

> If I continue to play live tv the video/audio will start to studder and
> skip then after a while I get a black screen and an error that ivtv has
> quit providing a feed.
>
> Im really thinking its the card. Although the card hasnt all and all
> just quit in my web surfing box but the distortion of the pricture is
> definetly there.

If it starts to consistently deteriorate over time, it sounds like the
card and may be thermal related. For instance, starting mythtv right
after the PC has been cool for a while it looks fine, and then gets
worse over time. But, if when you restart livetv, or the video that your
playing and it exhibits the same problems (over the life of viewing the
source), it may be the source material.