[mythtv-users] Interlacing issue?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 15:32:00 UTC 2006

Hi

> OK, I see now. I assumed from your post that you were seeing four
> separate images stacked vertically on your screen, in other words
> that the image was a screen capture of your problem. Seeing your
> example in context, I realize it is two separate examples of with and
> without interlace artifacts.

sorry for the confusion :)

> So what does your screen actually look like? Is it a single image
> with interlace artifacts ("mouse teeth") or multiple images ?

it looks like on the last picture, especially as soon as there's some
fast movement.

I've tried all combination of deinterlacing filter and decoder.
the best result being with Bob for deinterlacing and XvMC for the decoder.
it is still not great though as most of the time where i have less
deinterlacing issues then playback isn't smooth. like it plays and
every 2-3s it suddenly slows down.

for some weird reason, XvMC is using far more CPU than the "normal" decoder,

this is on a 3.4Ghz P4 with a nvidia 6500
1GB of RAM

> Yeah, that catch has caught a lot of us.
what was worse, is that my xorg.conf file totally stopped working with
the new video drivers.