[mythtv-users] Black and White Capture with VStream XPert

jonny Linux jonnylinux at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 15:54:59 UTC 2006

> If I remember
> right, on my card I got to pick a source from a choice of:
>
> tuner
> composite
> S-Video
>
> Later on in mythtvsetup you get to assign the source to a program listing.

I think I've done that, I added two Video Sources named Composite and
SVideo, in the input connections there are two inputs for the V4L
/dev/video0, named Composite1 and S-Video. I've given each their own Video
Source.

In the channel editor I added two channels: 600 is named composite with a
Video Source of Composite, and 601 is for SVideo. The configuration I
thought I needed to change was on the Channel Editor screen "TV Format:"
which can be PAL, NTSC, SECAM, PAL-NC... etc.

But that is all mythtv configuration, and is probably irrelevant. I
installed tvtime, and viewed livetv on that, and it was in B/W, no matter
what TV Format I chose.

I notice when I setup the card, I don't have a VBI device, what is VBI? Is
it important?

(BTW I'd be surprised if you are using the cx88_dvb module for the
> analog part of the capture process.)

So would I - I was just wondering which modules are actually being used!

Thanks,

Jonny