[mythtv-users] Still stuck - Multiple cable boxes / multiple serial lirc instances

obscure information. obscure411 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 18:15:22 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I've been struggling with this issue for about two months now to no avail.
I am hoping that perhaps someone here can confirm or deny that they've
accomplished this successfully, and if so... perhaps let me know how you
managed to?

The scenario is as follows:

I have MythTV 0.19 running on FC4.  I currently have a PVR-150 and a PVR-500
in the machine.  All three are detected via ivtv properly, and I have
confirmed all are capturing from the respective inputs successfully.  These
three encoders are attached to three analog GI CFT-2254 cable boxes.

I currently have two instances of lirc configured as per
http://www.eggshellskull.com/, one as an IR receiver on the PVR-150, and one
as a serial IR blaster controlling the first of three cable boxes which has
its output sent to the PVR-150.

My issue:

These cable boxes can not be set up to use multiple addresses as some set
top boxes can.  As such, I am required to use multiple serial adapters
(which I have purchased from irblaster.info) and connect each one to a
seperate serial port.  No problem there...