[mythtv-users] problem with gentoo/mythtv/nova-t/uk...

Per Olausson pao at darkheim.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Jun 12 20:05:46 UTC 2006

I'm a bit of a fix and I am wondering if someone knows what my problem
could be.

I've been running on SVN v.9097 (I think this is a 0.19 pre release) for
some time. The reason for this obscure choice is that it seems to be the
only choice I have.

Every now and then I attempt to pick up the latest 0.19 fixes branch or
head but my most recent attempt failed, 0.19-fixes failed due to a core
dump on start up (probably not a clean enough build, will try again) and
head worked except it had the annoying side effect that I could no
longer play any recordings that I accumulated so far this year. I could
play some really old stuff (0.18?) and I could play recordings recorded
with head but nothing else - getting a blank screen.

The other problem I still have is that I cannot nuvexport recordings. If
I could do that then I could probably go head and not be too concerned.
Hence having no choice than to stay on 9097.

On the subject of nuvexport I saw that bad exports can be due to
misreported resolutions...is this a Nova-T specific problem and does
anyone know if the resolution problem is fixed, ie. always off by a
number of lines?

The other problem I saw, that I think have recently been debated
recently here, was that head seemed to run like treacle. It was so slow
compared to 9097. Is it likely that this will be resolved soon or is it
a long term problem?

Any suggestions appreciated...

Regards,

Per