[mythtv-users] Mythburn audio dropping out on some recordings

drescher0110-mythtv at yahoo.com drescher0110-mythtv at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 13 01:38:42 UTC 2006

--- B Walker <braindead at diablops.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 15:31:37 -0700 (PDT)
> <drescher0110-mythtv at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > --- Braindead <Braindead at diablops.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I'm not sure what part of the process is failing.  I'm burning
> > > several episodes of a series to ISO image, some of the episodes are
> > > fine but in others the audio drops out half-way through or so and
> > > never comes back.. silence.  The original source is fine, and all
> > > sources were recorded with the same profile from a PVR-150
> > >

> > > Perhaps this from DVDAuthor 0.6.11 might have something to do with
> > > it, perhaps someone else has experienced similar problems..  I
> > > tried searching for these errors without much luck.  Tia.
> > >
> > > WARN: Discontinuity in audio channel 8; please remultiplex input.
> <snip>
> > > WARN: audio sector out of range: -8518 (vobu #1618, pts 805.682)
> > > .... more of the same
> >
> > I had the same problem recently. Are you using a recent svn release?
> > Did you transcode on the files before running mythburn?
>
> svn?  Subversion??  I pulled mythburn via cvs...  I'm running Gentoo, so svn may
> not ring a bell with me ;-)
>
> As far as transcoding, all were done loseless to remove commercials.. so yes.  No
> other transcoding, and the PVR-150 records MPEG2

Ahh... I am running gentoo also. I used the subversion sources to download the
latest  version of mythtv that was available 2 weeks ago. I did this because I
wanted to try mytharchive. I also did a lossless transcode on all the recordings
because for the first time this actually worked for me. I a using a pvr 250 and ivtv
0.4.4.

John