[mythtv-users] Extremely Good Deal on 2.5" drive

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Jun 13 18:26:29 UTC 2006

OK, normally I wouldn't post such a thing here, but this deal looks
so good I would be derelict if I didn't share it.

Unity Electronics is selling external 2.5" hard drives, 120 GB, 7200
RPM, 2MB cache, 8.9 ms. access, for $79.

The external case has the usual USB 2.0 interface, and also an
ethernet interface to use it as NAS.

The NAS software does the usual stuff, but also, according to the
claim, has features like automatic mirroring to another similar drive
(poor man's RAID 1) and aggregation of two or more drives to appear
as one (poor man's RAID 0).

No performance specs on the server are given though.

The normal price is $99 but the code "NET2USB" gives you the $79 price.

Seems to me that $79 is an incredible price for a 2.5" 120GB bare
drive, never mind the NAS/USB case. The best price I can find at
Tiger etc. is $149 for just the drive.

http://www.unityelectronics.com/product-product_id/1908

Sorry to bother you folks, but it does seem to be a good deal.

Brian Wood
beww at beww.org