[mythtv-users] HDTV on EPIA SP13000

James D jamesdtrance at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 13 20:35:01 UTC 2006

>You DO realize that the chipset on the SP13000 will NOT actually do full
>HD? The limit is 1024x1024 apparently to VGA and something less through
>the S-video output (limitation of S-video??)
>
>So 720p output probably gets passed as 1024x720 but, unless the HD is
>downscaled, 1080 will not work.
>
>The post you refer to does not actually says what output he is using: he
>may be downscaling to a TV.
>
>The new EN-15000 motherboard uses the VT1625 chipset and will (according
>to the published specs) do full 1980x1080 out.  (Memo to self, not
>needed: add to wishlist!).
>
>Geoff

  I may be wrong, but I've read the 1024x1024 limit is in the TV encoder chip and thus only applies to the s-video and composite output... since neither of these connnections can handle HD it doesn't matter. I use the VGA connection and get a true 1280x720 and also have tried 1360x768. Also, since I'm running X at the 1280x720 resolution, mythTV should be downsizing the 1080 to this size no??
  Does myth try to set a new video mode based on the channel format? If it were to work this way (doubt it), there should be an option to disable it.
  I might try a 1024x576 or 960x540 modeline (gotta stay widescreen) for giggles, but i want this working in 720.

  I'm more concerned with the sound issue at the moment though, I tried using mplayer to directly play the dvb channel, even with -novideo the sound is still choppy.

  Where can I see a log from mythfrontend to look for any clues?

  - James

http://mail.yahoo.com