[mythtv-users] DVB-T Tuning weirdness UK - Crystal Palace

Ben Lancaster lists at benlancaster.co.uk
Tue Jun 13 23:32:25 UTC 2006

Murray Peterson wrote:

> The problem that I have is that when performing a full scan it
> seems to be
> pot-luck which mux's the machine will see.  Performing additional
> scans
> sometimes results in mythtv-setup realising that it already knows
> about a
> channel, and sometimes adding the channel to the list again. and
> again.
>
> And it's very seldom that I will see muxa (I think - the one with
> five,
> and the pay channels) and putting in the relevant tuning parameters
> myth
> does see some transport streams, but I never get any services
> presented.

What are you using to scan for the channels? Myth's own built in
scanner, or something else? I installed the dvbapps package (IIRC)
via yum, and used the built-in scan application within that using the
preset Hanningdon transmitter details, then imported the
channels.conf that produced into MythTV via its scan GUI.

It may also be worth running the scan at night/early morning when
it's cool. The heat of the last few days affects DVB signal strength,
and I'm guessing that could have a negative effect on Myth's scanning
tolerance?

Hope that helps!

Ben