[mythtv-users] Transcoding and deinterlacing, and other transcode issues

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jun 14 00:40:56 UTC 2006

On 06/13/06 19:42, Brad Templeton wrote:

>b) Due to the presence of transcode problems -- be they audio sync or
>getting the wrong transcode, a "keep the old copy around" mode might
>be handy.   To do that, I would create a new recorded entry for the
>old copy, with an autoexpire value that's very high (making it the first
>thing to autoexpire if needed) and perhaps rewrite the description or
>some other flag on it.   Makes it easier to retry transocde experiments
>too.

Kind of like the mythtv-setup option:

Save original files after transcoding (globally)
When set and the transcoder is active, the original files will be
renamed to .old once the transcoding is complete.

(Although it's up to you to clean up the mess if the transcode
fails--i.e. put the .old in place over the other and re-run
"mythcommflag --rebuild".)

Mike