[mythtv-users] Stuttering

Thomas Worthington tww at tww.cx
Wed Jun 14 21:36:11 UTC 2006

I'm recording from DVB-T so the files are normal mpegs. They play
perfectly in mplayer without realtime threads, but even with realtime
enabled the same files have a tiny stutter about every three seconds. This
is no problem most of the time but during tracking shots or text scrolling
it is very distracting.

Why would Myth play these files less smoothly than mplayer? Is there any
clue in that fact as to what I can do to fix it?

Live TV has the same problem, but I don't use it much so it's not as
important to me.

TW