[mythtv-users] Where does mythtv get the prefix for /usr or /usr/local from?

Lee McLaren lmclaren at lrm.com.au
Fri Jun 16 13:56:57 UTC 2006

I have compiled Mythtv .20 from svn, all works fine but I need to put it
in /usr instead of /usr/local as my original system is Knoppmyth and
would like to keep the option of upgrading later.
I have ./configure --prefix=/usr but when ever I run mythfrontend it
shows at the start its using /usr/local and I have to have the themes
etc in /usr/local/share for it to work.

Any suggestions, I have recompiled 5 times now and even re downloaded
the src and recompiled and it isnt helping.

thanks

Lee McLaren