[mythtv-users] Garbage at top of recording.

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Fri Jun 16 13:58:44 UTC 2006

A. JM <vbtalent at gmail.com> says:
> I was able to get rid of the garbage in playback by setting overscan to 1%,
> is that normal? Is that preferred to cropping?

I prefer cropping to overscanning because the latter distorts the
video slightly to have it fit into the resized screen. Cropping
maintains the 1;1 pixel-to-pixel ratio. But since it (as I noted in
another message) doesn't work right on my setup, I choose to put up
with the occasional flickering or solid line at the edge of some of my
programs.