[mythtv-users] improve frontend usability: FWD and REW

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Fri Jun 16 14:02:31 UTC 2006

Brian Meehan <emt244671 at gmail.com> says:
> Currently, if you start entering numbers, Mythfrontend thinks that you
> are entering a channel number... not likely if you're watching a
> recorded show. I thought that it would be helpful if I could enter
> 2-4-0-FWD and have it fast forward 240 seconds, or 4 minutes.

This is exactly how the frontend interface works right now in recorded
programs, except that the seeks use minutes. 240-> jumps four hours
forward, and 47i jumps to 47 minutes after the start of the
program. See
<URL:http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-11.html#ss11.1>. This has
been the behavior since I started using MythTV in 0.18.1.