[mythtv-users] MythTv freezing system

Jeremy Owens-Boggs jeremy.owensboggs at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 04:14:17 UTC 2006

I have been having trouble setting up MythTv on my Ubuntu system.  I have
now tried .19 and .18, and with both versions, starting to watch 'live tv'
freezes my system.  It has been sugested that there some error opening a
file, but the logs are not real clear on what file that is, or why there is
a problem.  I noticed that when I start the front end, or the setup, I
immediatly get the following error
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 166
  Major opcode:  144
  Minor opcode:  3
  Resource id:  0x0
Failed to open device
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 166
  Major opcode:  144
  Minor opcode:  3
  Resource id:  0x0
Failed to open device

This is the first thing spit out by mythfrontend and mythtv-setup.  What
does it mean?  (Besides that device 166 sucks, I can tell that.  How do I
find out what device 166 is?  What is the next step?)