[mythtv-users] Building a MythTV system to interface to the DirecTV H20 Receiver

Kyle Cummings jkcummi at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 17 11:39:19 UTC 2006

I am building a "from scratch" system to record content from a DirecTV H20 receiver.

Can anyone give me a breakdown on what card (or cards) I should be using to connect the H20 to the MythTV box?

The back of the H20 has USB, S-Video Out, Component Out, Video Out, Audio Out, Digital Audio Out, HDMI Out, Phone Jack, and RF Remote Antenna.

I guess my first question is can I record HDTV content with this equipment?

So far I have the following parts for this project:

1) Asus A9250GE/TD/256 Video Card, Radeon 9250, 256MB DDR, AGP8X, TV-Out/DVI
2) Silver Pioneer 16X DVD Writer/Burner DVR-111DSV
3) Silver SilverStone LC20-S Case
4) Enermax Noisetaker II ATX12V 600W Active PFC Power Supply

Any help or links would be greatly appreciated.

-K