[mythtv-users] How to avoid problem hardware in a new system

James Carrig james.carrig at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 17:29:22 UTC 2006

My computer just up and died and I am suddenly forced in the market to
replace it.  I need a tower and I need to run Myth and I want life to be
easy, and so I am actively seeking to avoid problem hardware, e.g., the VIA
chipsets.  When I scan the ads, VIA chipsets don't usually make the
description.  Are these AGP drivers?  Is there a rule of thumb I can use?
For example, do any Dell's use these chips?