[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup does not create video sources

Jimmy Desai desaijay84 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 17 17:39:47 UTC 2006

Hi,

  I'm in the process of installing MythTV on my Debian Etch ( AMD64) system. I installed the packages from debian-multimedia.org. While running mythtv-setup (as the mythtv user), I'm having trouble configuring video sources (Step 3). For some reason, it doesn't create the source. I named the setup as Rogers Cable. I also entered the details to retrieve listings from DataDirect, which it can successfully do. After that I hit Finish. Then when it goes back to the menu, it doesn't show any new video source. And hence, when I go to step 4 (Input Connections), I'm unable to setup my tuner with the Rogers Cable video source.

  I have no clue why this is happening. I tried googling (on the web and in user groups), but there's nothing that says anything about this. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jimmy