[mythtv-users] [Norton AntiSpam] Re: MythArchive: dvdauthor problems

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Sat Jun 17 18:39:32 UTC 2006

tom roth wrote:

> On 17/06/06, *tom roth* <rawdlite at googlemail.com
> <mailto:rawdlite at googlemail.com>> wrote:
>

>     On 17/06/06, *tom roth* < rawdlite at googlemail.com
>     <mailto:rawdlite at googlemail.com>> wrote:
>

>         On 16/06/06, *tom roth* < rawdlite at googlemail.com
>         <mailto:rawdlite at googlemail.com>> wrote:
>
>             the dvdauthor problems i encountered in mytharchive seem
>             to be caused by dvdauthor.xml.
>             by patching 'MythCenter - Autoplay/theme.xml' to set
>             'wantIntro: 0, wantMainMenu: 0, wantChapterMenu:0,
>             wantDetailsPage: 0'
>             i was able to create a very basic dvdauthor.xml, that did
>             not cause dvdauthor to segfault.
>             now mytharchive finishes succesfully.
>             i will now add the deleted entries one by one to see what
>             caused the segfaults.
>
>             tom
>

>         it seems  dvdauthor segfaults were caused by an empty
>         details-1.mpg that dvdauthor.xml referenced.
>         now lets see whether i can find whats causing details-1.mpg to
>         be empty.
>
>         tom
>

>     it seems it is caused by spumux. my  detailsspumux-1.xml looks
>     like this:
>
>     <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>     <subpictures><stream><spu force="yes" highlight="" select=""
>     start="00:00: 00.0"/></stream></subpictures>
>

>     can anyone please tell me what it should look like instead ?
>     also can someone explain to me what i would miss if i just copied
>     temp.mpg to details-1.mpg ?

The detailsspumux-1.xml is OK nothing wrong there that I can see.

details-1.mpg is the small details page that is shown just before the
video proper starts. Its only used by the GANT and MythCenter - Autoplay
themes. Its actually a small mpg created from a PNG image file
"details-1.png" is this png file created OK?  Do the other themes work
OK?. The main menu and the chapter menu are all created in the same way.

>     tom
>

> this is tedious, but at least i am getting familiar with the
> mythburn.py code.
>
> i am not sure this is related to my spumux problem but
> my info.xml looks like this:
>
> <?xml version=" 1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <filename>/media/external_video-usb1/filme/aaa_mythtv.mpg</filename>
> <title>aaa_mythtv</title>
> <recordingdate></recordingdate>
> <recordingtime/>
> <subtitle/>
> <description>Nicht vorhanden</description>
> <rating>-1.37907e-08</rating>
> <cutlist/>
> <coverfile>Kein Cover</coverfile><
> /fileinfo>
>

> therfore i am getting:
>
> Creating DVD menus
> Menu page 1
> Wrapped text  = Page 1
> Image file does not exist 'Kein Cover'
>

> for a quick fix i edited getFileInformation in mythburn.py to:
>
> if record[8]!="" and record[8]!="No Cover" and record[8]!="Kein Cover":
>
> but the problem lies with the videometadata table i think. the values
> in the db should not be language specific, translation should be done
> in the FE.
> sorry if this has already been covered.

I've just fixed this in latest svn by looking to see if the given cover
file exists.

> tom

Paul H.