[mythtv-users] VLC and MythVideo

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 06:38:57 UTC 2006

On 6/19/06, hondaman <hondaman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to make VLC play all file types from within mythtv?  VLC plays my dvd images just fine, but has trouble with xvid and divx.
>
> VLC outside of myth plays all these same files just fine.

I imagine this is a problem with the way that you are calling VLC.  I
am no expert but don't you have to pass in different flags for
different media types, particularly DVD images.  If so, perhaps you
need to wrap the call to VLC in some form of script which in turn
calls VLC with the write parameters.

I.e.

Start Script
  if file is AVI type:
    Call VLC with single filename argument
  else if file is DVD image:
    Call VLC with DVD flag and DVD image filename
  endif
End Script

A lame effort I know, but perhaps it may inspire you.

Cheers,
Whytey