[mythtv-users] Immir tv_grab_au 1.64

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 09:15:25 UTC 2006

On 6/20/06, Michael Smith <myth at immir.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,

Heya

> Life is getting complicated now. Obfuscation functions now change their
> name randomly. Keep an eye on script... Not sure why I don't get the
> uninitialsed value errors (regarding s///) -- see below.

Do you reckon this may be some attempt by ninemsn to prevent scraping
or are they in mid-development or something?

> p.s. I get no errors from this mini-script --- if you do, check your
> version of perl is recent enough?

[snip out the script]

> If this fails, check your version... mine is:
>
> [michael at htpc ~]$ perl -v
>
> This is perl, v5.8.6 built for i386-linux-thread-multi

The mini-script ran fine for me and my version of perl is OK...

djwhyte at myth:~$ perl perlTest.pl
$VAR1 = {
          'stop' => '2006062111:50:00',
          'channel' => 'act-abc2',
          'guidedate' => '20060621',
          'desc' => [
                      [
                        'Pickle has trouble grasping the idea of
Sophie having a pretend friend.',
                        'en'
                      ]
                    ],
          'row' => 68,
          'sub-title' => [
                           [
                             'Pretend     Friend',
                             'en'
                           ]
                         ],
          'category' => [
                          [
                            'Animation',
                            'en'
                          ]
                        ],
          'title' => [
                       [
                         'ToddWorld',
                         'en'
                       ]
                     ],
          'start' => '2006062111:38:00'
        };
djwhyte at myth:~$ perl -v

This is perl, v5.8.7 built for i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi

I just ran 1.64 and I got new data and lots of replaced data all with
categories...w00t!!!  I still saw the issue with that uninitialised
values or whatever, but the script continued past that!

Once again, many, many thanks for your help with this.  You are a true legend.

Cheers,
Whytey