[mythtv-users] Read the question before trying to answer it

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Tue Jun 20 19:01:31 UTC 2006

Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Since Debabrata is apparently polite enough to leave his frustration
> to a single sigh, let me take up the fallen banner of reading
> comprehension. In this case we had not one, not two, but *three*
> geniuses who simply didn't bother to, you know, actually *read the
> message*. The roll of honor includes:
>
> * Tom Lichti, who blithely suggests Debabrata try RAID 5 without
>   noticing that Debabrata explictly says he didn't want to use RAID.

Well, he didn't *explicitly* say he didn't want to use RAID. His
question was fairly vague in that regard. I gave him a solution that
does exactly as he asks (better in fact) and then I get shit all over
for it. If the poster is asking for something that doesn't exist, and he
for whatever reason doesn't want to use the option that does fit his
needs, I'm not sure what else to say. But hey, my advice is worth what
you paid for it, I guess.

Tom the Genius