[mythtv-users] Multiple Tuners (Firerwire, PVR-350), Same DCT6200 Scheduling Question

Jeff Wormsley daworm at comcast.net
Wed Jun 21 00:58:25 UTC 2006

Joel Turner wrote:
> A search through the archives offers no solution for this situation. I
> currently resolve these conflicts manually but would like to implement a
> more automated solution.   In a perfect world, it would be great if
> there was a way in Myth to allow multiple tuners to be tied to a primary
> source for scheduling purposes. In the scenario above, I could either
> address a conflict through priorities or as USA repeats the show,  the
> scheduler would correctly identify a later version to capture. I was
> wondering if there is an undocumented solution, planned for 0.20,  or if
> this has been addressed in the svn version?

Hmm, would this be a similar situation for when you have say, a PVR-250
and use both the tuner and the S-Video input?  IIRC, Myth knows both
physically use the same card, and so it schedules things to avoid a
conflict.  It should be possible (with code, anyway) to treat two
separate sources as logically the same (as opposed to physically).  I
have no idea how difficult it would be though, as C++ is not my forte'.
I would be interested in a solution, as I too would like to set my
system up the way you have so that I can at least capture down-res'ed
versions of the digital channels I can't get via firewire without
resorting to a second cable box.

Jeff.