[mythtv-users] tuner number 4???

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Jun 21 02:17:53 UTC 2006

On Jun 20, 2006, at 7:34 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> On 06/20/2006 04:20 PM, Brian Wood wrote:
>

>> On Jun 20, 2006, at 12:20 PM, Niels Dybdahl wrote:

>>> thanks for the answer.
>>> Deleting the capture cards, do I lost some other settings?
>>>
>>> No. I have done that a couple of times
>>>
>> Sorry I forget the exact syntax, but can't you specify the tuner type
>> in your module parameters ?
>

> Overzealous trimming and close, but not quite MythTV-correct,
> terminology hid the focus of the OP's question.  The OP is asking
> how to
> renumber capture cards (cardid's) in MythTV.  Nick's answer (and
> Niels'
> encouragement to use Nick's answer) is correct.

OK, you're correct of course.

Sometimes I do not read the entire thread, but with bottom-posting I
should be able to get the gist of it from an intermediate post.

As we all know there are a *lot* of messages on this list. If I see
one that I that already has several responses I'll sometimes skip to
the latest response to see if the matter has been solved.

In this case it looked to me as if it hadn't been. "tuner 4" is an
indication that the tuner type has not been properly identified, and
it looked like the OP was trying to set it to type 2.

Incorrect as it turned out, my fault for not checking back to the
original post.

Nick's response is correct, I can recall at one point having a "tuner
7" on a 3 tuner system, strange things can happen when we try and
avoid deleting everything :-)

Sorry about that.