[mythtv-users] DVD Image playback not full screen?

Nick Ellson grimm at nickellson.com
Wed Jun 21 02:48:05 UTC 2006

I have run across two or 3 of my DVD's I ripped to hard drive that when
starting xine from the "Watch Movie" module they come up in wide screen as
they should but not to the edge of the screen as most of my wide screen
version do. I get a black boarder all the way around the screen (as
displayed on my HDTV on 720p)

I can press the "z" key a few times and it expands to the horizontal ends
of the screen. If I hit the "a" to toggle aspect ratio modes the
anamorphic mode seems to hit the edges but leaves the height the same
(stretches it out).

I am looking for a startup option to add to Myth for these particular
.iso's so they start and play at the proper zoom level.

Anyone seen this problem before? What kind of movie format might I have?
(I am not having any luck searching for a solution, and I didn't see a
xine startup switch that said [zoom=3] to emulate 3 zoom presses ;)

Nick

--
Nick Ellson
CCDA, CCNP, CCSP, CCAI,