[mythtv-users] Multiple Tuners (Firerwire, PVR-350), Same DCT6200 Scheduling Question

Jeff Wormsley daworm at comcast.net
Wed Jun 21 13:27:10 UTC 2006

Allan Wilson wrote:
> It's late but can't you just setup multple listings and then tie the
> different inputs to  those listings and then make sure for instance that
> your firewire input does not have the mlb channel in it's listings so
> they won't even fight. I do something like this but I may be completely
> missing your problem. If I am try to restate a different way.

The OP's problem is that there are two input sources in MythTV (one
firewire, one composite) that both use the same cable box.  If you are
using one input source, say the composite, and the other input source
has a program scheduled at the same time, it will disrupt the other by
changing the cable box channel.  The easy way to get around that is to
get a second cable box, but that adds a monthly rental fee that the OP
may not want to pay (nor do I, my cable bill is too high as it is).
Barring that, if the software could be tweaked to link two different
input sources, in the same way multiple input sources on a single card
such as the PVR-250 are linked, then this situation wouldn't cause any
problems.

Jeff.