[mythtv-users] tv_grab_au 2.0

Michael Smith myth at immir.com
Wed Jun 21 13:47:10 UTC 2006

Hi Aussies,

Here's a major update, primarily due to an extensive patch supplied by
Ian Dall.

   <http://www.immir.com/tv_grab_au>

WARNING: this update has some additional dependencies (perl modules).

Ian helped by adding rigorous timezone processing, a webwarper
anonymizer option (--warper or "'warper' => 1" in config hash), improved
cache logic, and some additional reporting/debugging stuff.

I recommend you use --ignore-cache the first time or simply delete your
cache file.

The Perl modules you need should be supplied by the following two
commands (including various other dependencies automatically handled by
CPAN.pm):

   sudo perl -MCPAN -e 'install DateTime::TimeZone'
   sudo perl -MCPAN -e 'install DateTime::Format::DateManip'

Additional notes:

(*) I've switched my TZ setting from blank (for host time) to
'Australia/Canberra' thanks to Ian's code. I'd recommend you follow suit
or set it to 'local' for host timezone setting (it'll default to 'local'
if blank/missing).

(*) If output_dir contains a "debug" sub-directory, then any failed
details pages will be logged into files named by the pid of the show.

Well, it all seems to work well for me. You're mileage, as usual, may
vary :-).

Cheers,
Immir!