[mythtv-users] Backend drops frames at start of recording; add RAM?

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 23:51:25 UTC 2006

> Nope, last activity on that ticket was the less-than-totaly-successful
> alternate patch, and that was targeted for 0.20. Even if accepted, it
> might not get applied to the 0.19-fixes branch if it's not considered
> serious enough or affect enough people.
>
> If it solved your problem, you can always add a comment to the ticket,
> it might move things along.

So I finally got around to recompiling my MythTV-0.19 and adding your
speedup.patch file into the code.  It worked like a charm.  All my
kernel: ivtv0: All encoder MPEG stream buffers are full. Dropping
data. kernel: ivtv0: Cause: the application is not reading fast enough
error messages have stopped showing up and I'm not getting huge drops
in frames now.

I added a comment onto the ticket so that (hopefully) it will help to
push your changes into the code.  It looks like, from the ticket, that
one of the devs wanted you to break up the patch so that he could
implement parts of it.  You should try that.