[mythtv-users] PVR-150 MCE captures nothing but static

Chad Jannusch bgmncwj at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 05:30:57 UTC 2006

On 6/23/06, Pete Cap <peteoutside at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Apparently this issue has something to do with the "tuner" input.
>
> Composite video worked just fine.
>
> Unfortunately, my setup does not include a tower case in the living room;
> the DVR is to be placed in the office, about 100 feet from the TV and
> set-top box.  Easy and cheap enough to pull off with coaxial cable...not so
> much with component video & audio.
>
> Any idea why the tuner input is giving me static?  I can get another
> set-top box fro m the cable company, but this issue irks me.
>
> --Pete

I've had 3 PVR-150's all fail on me the same way. In my case though it was
after a reboot the RF input would just capture static. After a couple more
reboots I can normally get it to work again, unfortunatly with all 3 cards
in the same system, I coiuld never get all of them to work together. I ended
up just switching to the svideo input on all of them and I've had no
problems since. Not that this helps you at all, but I'd at least throw it
out there. :-D

--Chad Jannusch