[mythtv-users] Record Multiple Channels on a Single Multiplex (using getstream)?

Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 24 10:23:59 UTC 2006

Ok,

I REALLY want this feature, so doing a bit of searching I've stumbled across
getstream.
http://www.not-mediaways.net/home/flo/projects/streaming/

An alternate version from a different guy...
http://www.mulder.franken.de/getstream-poempel/

Has anyone got any experience with either of these?

What it basically allows you to do is read a full dvb transport and then
stream out individual channels I think.

So as I understand it (I might be wrong, it's a frequent occurrence) this
could theoretically be used to read one multiplex say Multiplex 1 and demux
and stream BBC 1, 2, 3, CBBC and BBC News 24.

You could then use MythTV's new IP Network Recorder in svn to record these
channels?

I'm not 100% sure on how I'd get epg info, whether it would be in the
streamed channel and available for myth I just don't know yet, but hopefully
something will work out :-)

I'm just about to go out for the rest of the day so don't have a moment
right now to try all this out, but I just wanted to hear back from anyone
else who might of tried this, or anyone who has any thoughts on this.

Feel free to call me an idiot and tell me why it wouldn't work. ;-) OR feel
free to help me with ideas or try it yourself?

Just wanted to throw this out there whilst it was on my mind so I wouldn't
forget.

Thanks,

Steve Daniels