[mythtv-users] MythTV, Fedora 4, PVR-350 Install: Jared Wilson's Process

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 15:47:25 UTC 2006

On 25/06/06, Matt Day <fourstar77 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> One other question about using:
>
> /usr/bin/ivtvfbctl /dev/fb1
>
> In looking at the help, it says the syntax is:
>
>   -g, --globalalpha=<on>|<off>
>                         toggle global alpha layer
>   -h, --help            display this help
>   -l, --localalpha=<on>|<off>
>                         toggle local alpha layer
>
> I am going to show just how much of a newb I am.  What does this mean?  If I
> want globalalpha to be off, and localalpha to be on, what would come after:
>
> /usr/bin/ivtvfbctl /dev/fb1

Try

/usr/bin/ivtvfbctl --device=/dev/fb1 --globalalpha=off --localalpha=on

For help using parameters such as'-g, --globalalpha=<on>|<off>', this
means that you can use either '-g' or '--globalalpha' followed by
either '=on' or '=off'.

The help for ivtvfbctl states the default fb device is /dev/fb0, so if
you want to control another, you must specify it when running the
command.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki: