[mythtv-users] Serial port control?

Pete Cap peteoutside at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 25 22:51:58 UTC 2006

Thanks Brad--that should be enough to get me started :)

Regards,
Pete

Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote: I haven't seen any guides because it usually just works. Get yourself a serial cable. Plug one end into your cable box, the other into your myth box. Uncompress/Compile the channel change script in myth's contrib directory. Put the compiled channel binary in your /usr/local/bin directory and try it out. The channel change scripts comes with a README that should explain anything you need to compile. Once you get channel changes from the command line, you add it as a channel change script in setup.

If it doesn't work for you, you can ask specific questions depending on which part you get stuck on. I was surprised at how easy it was and it did simply just work.

-Brad