[mythtv-users] lircd goes into locked state

Matthew Hall matt at angui.sh
Sun Jun 25 23:40:04 UTC 2006

I've seen a few lircd questions, so I thought I'd ask mine.

I have a Silverstone LC16M with the remote that came with
it working fine. Using the lirc_imon kernel modules, I can
launch lircd, and then attach with irw to view all the
events as I hit the buttons on my remote.

After about 20-25 events, irw stops telling me what buttons
I'm pushing. lircd appears locked. A kill -9 does nothing.
I can't unload the kernel modules. At this point, I have
no choice but to reboot the system, since I can't get lircd
stopped and restarted.

Any ideas of what might be wrong, what else I can do?

--
It's always September somewhere on the 'net. | http://angui.sh
Another proud member of Eep's killfile.      | Unix Sys. Admin.
faster than others.                          | matt at angui.sh