[mythtv-users] lirc timeout inactivity?

Ben Dash ben_dash at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 26 03:09:23 UTC 2006

I just set up lirc on my living room PC, using
lirc_serial, and found that if I leave the PC idle on
the main mythfrontend menu for some amount of time,
half an hour or so, the remote control is ignored.  If
I restart mythfrontend then is comes back to life,
although sometimes I have to restart a couple of times
before success.

I haven't debugged this much yet but I wanted to see
if anyone else had experienced it before.

I just read about some cron job scripts being used to
keep the IR chip alive, could anyone shed some light
on that?

Thanks!

Ben