[mythtv-users] Harddrive failure, Debian question

Andrew Ingram adingram at clara.co.uk
Mon Jun 26 13:55:30 UTC 2006

Hi list.

Well, it happened. The HDD in my Myth box has started making errors so I've
shut the box down and I'm waiting for a new one :'(

The old harddrive had Debian Sid, but pretty old, probably 9 months old,
with just some security patches to keep it semi up-to-date. What I'm
wondering is if I install the latest Debian Sid, is there anything which is
incompatible with the current stable 0.19 MythTV. Wasn't there something
about MySQL 5? Is there anything else which I need to be careful with.

The alternative is to try and replicate the old system on the new harddrive.
But it would be nice to be a bit more up-to-date.

Any advice/hints would be greatly appreciated. My g/f is flipping out
without MythTV. It would be amusing if I didn't rely on it so much as well
:\

Thanks,
Andrew