[mythtv-users] Unable to download channel icons...Invalid Zip Code

Pierre Rochefort rochefort_pierre at yahoo.ca
Mon Jun 26 22:51:21 UTC 2006

Hi,

  I didn't come up with this but here it is:(It was provided by SF Basilix). I hope it will help you, it did help me out:

  For anyone else who was trying to get this to work,
there is a fix.  Mythtv's mkiconmap.pl script actually
calls XMLTV's tv_grab_na_icons.  It was actually this
script that was using the old web-page's format, not
mkiconmap.pl.  The developers for XMLTV have quickly
fixed this code to reflect the changes on zap2it's
website. (Thanks!) So to fix this, you have to
download the new code found here:
http://snapshot.xmltv.org

For those who have installed mythtv from packages,
you'll need to do a few things first.  Before you can
do anything with this, perl will need some modules to
get this compiled correctly (XML::Writer and
XML::Twig, if you don't already have them installed).
For those who would like to use Perl's CPAN, run this:

# perl -MCPAN -eshell

(go through the questions if it's the first time you
are running this.  If you're not sure what answers to
provide, go with the defaults)

Once you get through all the questions, you should see
a cpan> prompt.  Next,

cpan> install XML::Writer
cpan> install XML::Twig
cpan> quit

Now go ahead and untar/uncompress the file downloaded
above and run:

perl Makefile.PL
make
make test
make install

Now you can run the mkiconmap.pl script and then
import it into the database. (sample below)

$ mkiconmap.pl --grab --share=/tmp --out=iconmap.xml
$ mythfilldatabase --import-icon-map iconmap.xml
-update-icon-map

Works like a charm.

cweisiger at i-55.com wrote:
  Anyone else getting a Invalid Zip Code error when trying to download the
channel lineup icons? No matter what zip code i use it tells me invalid zip
code.