[mythtv-users] PCHDTV-5500 Sound and Contrast on ubuntu

mooshie nsmith5 at umbc.edu
Tue Jun 27 04:31:49 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 22:30 -0400, Sam Leathers wrote:

> Brad Templeton wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 10:26:28AM -0400, Nathan Smith wrote:
> >
> >> Hey Sam,

> >> I have had to do the same thing.. along with boost the color level to
> >> about 80%, and the brightness to 60%, on every channel. Also, I don't know
> >> if it's more the card or the software, but I found the default sound
> >> configuration to be very low quality (you could hear the compression), so
> >> I am now running with uncompressed audio.
> >>

> > This makes no sense.  All HDTV "capture" cards are pretty much the same,
> > they just decode a raw bitstream out of the air, which is an mpeg-2/ts.
> >
> > There are no "contrast" or "brightness" settings.   It's better to think of
> > what these do as a file download than a capture.   A file download doesn't
> > have settings.
> >
> You're right, for HDTV settings, but the card can also handle NTSC with
> a different driver (cx8800).
>
> I figured out the contrast settings are in the mysql database, I can't
> remember exactly what I changed, but I found a setting that fixed it.

I figured out what to do in the mysql database:
First change the database to mythconverg (by typing use mythconverg),
then type the following lines:

update channel set contrast=16393 where sourceid=1;
update channel set colour=52435 where sourceid=1;
update channel set brightness=39318 where sourceid=1;

The lines above will set the contrast to 25%, brightness to 60%, and
color to 80%. I just used 'sourceid=1' to effect every element in the
table.

Nate