[mythtv-users] Via Unichrome Pro XvMC Settings (fix for the stutter and jerkiness)?

Calin Brabandt cbrabandt at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 27 18:02:03 UTC 2006

I wanted to build the lowest price Myth HDTV box
possible so I purchased an ECS P4M800PRO mobo combo at
Fry's.  I now have FC5-64 running MythTV and I
compliled the the Openchrome drivers and DRM module as
directed on openchrome.org.  I did a yum install
mythtv-suite from ATrpms for Myth.

Via XvMC (pro) is working and the CPU load is
appropriately low.  However, I'm getting some
prebuffering pauses and the playback is jerkey,
regardless.  "Standard" XvMC is unstable (video
crashes) as is bob deiniterlacing so I'm testing with
no deinterlacing, ATM.

Does anyone have some suggested settings for Myth and
xorg.conf?  It took me a long time to get a good
combination of settings on my FX-5200 Myth box and now
I see the Openchrome drivers support a whole new set
of options.

Should I start over with FC5-32?  I've seen some
reports online that Openchrome may not work very well
on 64 bit.

Is HD too much to expect from PCI integrated graphics?
 I don't see many (if any) glowing reports of HD
playback with the Unichrome Pro systems.

Thanks in advance!