[mythtv-users] Digital TV question

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Tue Jun 27 20:28:43 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 15:23 -0500, Timothy Waters wrote:
> I am getting digital cable this week. Will MythTV be able to record
> like always or will digital cable foobar it and not be able to record?

Strictly speaking, it depends on your cable company, but every one I
have heard about still sends the analog channels through even to digital
subscribers, so odds are good you will be OK. I have Comcast digital and
I still record the analog channels with my PVR-500 just fine. Of course,
if you currently have an analog-only card and you want to record some of
those new digital channels, you're going to need a digital card.

--Greg