[mythtv-users] I'm going mad obviously...lirc kernel Modules

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 07:54:57 UTC 2006

On 27/06/06, Douglas Wagner <douglasw0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, and the Gui version of smart when I search for LIRC shows me all those
> happy lirc-kmdl modules for the cubbi kernels and JACK for any stock kernel
> in existance.
>
> I'd LOVE to roll back to 2.6.16-1.2133 or 2.6.16-1.2096 but the damned
> upgrade REMOVED and then DELETED the kmdl package, meaning it DELETED my
> kernel driver and didn't replace the damn thing.
>
> Thus the upgrade actively destroyed my prior kernels from working also.  How
> nice of it. :(
>
> The yum cache is also cleared (I have no download files) so in effect
> lirc-kmdl for ANY Linux kernel any of us have installed is now gone, and
> unresolveable as well as unobtainable.

Douglas,

You should be able to download an FC4 2115-kernel lirc-kmdl rpm from
here (check for wrap):

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/2905649/com/lirc-kmdl-2.6.16-1.2115_FC4-0.8.1-cvs20060325_58.rhfc4.at.i686.rpm.html

You can downloadw the FC4 2115-kernel from here:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/4/i386/

You might be able to get any other atrpms kmdl packages from the
rpm.pbone site if you are quick.

--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/