[mythtv-users] Anyone using a USB wireless adapter on an Xbox?

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 13:26:57 UTC 2006

On 6/25/06, Jason McMillon <jmcmillon at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have an extra USB 2.0 wireless adapter (Cheap AirLink AWLL4030) that I
> have managed to get working with Knoppix live DVD using Ndiswrapper.
>
> Now my question:
>
> Does anyone use a USB wireless adapter on their Xbox for MythTV?  I am
> worried that the Xbox's USB 1.1 (12 Mbps I think?) may not be fast enough
> for streaming of live video.
>
> Thanks in advance!!
>
> Jason

I've used an 802.11b ethernet bridge with my xbox for mythtv; the menus were
slow and skipping through the program was slow, but the video played fine.
Maybe my bitrate is lower than normal or something, but it worked.

Also, I've heard that the WRT54G can be used as a bridge if you install
modified firmware on it.  That could be a cheaper solution than an actual
bridge and easier than running 50' cables.

--
It was supposed to be so Easy.